Welcome to the Resources section of the Artist Portal. We will be adding more resources as we get closer to the show. Let us know if there are any additional items or links that you’d like included.
ABArtists FB Page
Marketing: Options on ways to market yourself, your work and the upcoming show
- Artist Marketing Tips – Just a few tips on how to maximize your marketing outreach.
- Press Releases 101 – Intimidating? Maybe. But you can do it. Building a list of media contacts and submission deadlines can feel overwhelming, but this could be just the boost you need to take your work to the next level. It’s all about planting seeds and at some point, all of your work will pay off in an amazing way.
- Sample Artist Press Release – Review this draft press release, copy and paste it into a document and make whatever changes best represent you as an artist. Most of us have never sent a press release out, much less written one. Make sure to replace any of the blue sections with your name and address or remove them if they are information on what you need to attach to make it more likely your local media outlets will publish the details. Jennifer Steck is happy to be the Artburst Studios contact, if they need one. Give it a try! What’s the worst that could happen? Your information gets published and you meet lots of new collectors? We say, “Bravo!”
- Sample Artist Social Media Posts and Email For Gifted Memberships– Check out our sample posts you can use to market yourself and the upcoming show. We’ve also included a sample email you can send to your top collectors, gifting them a Collector+ membership in appreciation for all of their support over the years.
- Artist Timeline – We’ll continue to make announcements about upcoming deadlines, but here’s a quick link to the Artist Timeline for your review.
- Suggested reading-
Business Resources: Here are business resources we’ve found helpful, from sites where we can order merchandise or supplies, to books we love
- Moo.com – Moo has business cards, post cards, stickers and lots of other options for printed materials. Jennifer Yoswa and Jennifer Steck use Moo for a variety of items and love their quality. Moo occasionally has great sales, so keep an eye out.
- Rockin Monkey – Jennifer S uses Rockin’ Monkey for her stickers
- Sticker Giant – Michele Messenger loves the stickers that she receives from Sticker Giant
- Clearbags.com – Supplies for plastic sleeves, backboards and bags
- Uline.com – Boxes and other shipping supplies (Shipping costs can be expensive, but if you are ordering in bulk, it’s way less expensive per box than buying one box at a time.)
- Artwork Archive – Artwork Archive is a site that assists in inventorying your work, limited edition prints, and sales and expense tracking. There are also opportunities to feature your work.
- Canva.com – Many of the Artburst Studios documents and videos were created on Canva. It’s fairly easy to use and they have great templates that are designed for specific types of design, including FB banners, IG stories, and other post types.
- Printful.com – Printful is a drop ship company that can seamlessly connect to a variety of shopping platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, etc. Customers can order t-shirts and other merchandise directly from your site and it will automatically transfer to Printful, who will then print and ship out the product. They offer a variety of options and do a quality job. Make sure you order a few items with your designs printed on them so you can see first hand what it looks like. Jennifer S found one of the sweatshirt options that didn’t show off her work, but has really loved the t-shirts.
- Suggested reading-
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz – Money management as a small business can be challenging. This book focus’ on keeping track of your money in a variety of accounts so that we, as business owners, are more in control of our expenses and actually prioritize having money available to pay ourselves and at the same time fund a profit account we can use for emergencies.
- Anything You Want by Derek Sivers – We discovered this book on Artsyshark.com. We found this to be an easy read with amazing nuggets related to service. As Artburst Studios was being created, we took to heart a number of these concepts. It makes a huge difference in how we build and run our business.
Your Artist Dashboard
AB Artist Zoom Meetings and Newsletters
All of our Zoom meetings are recorded so you can review them if you were unable to attend or need a refresher.
November Artist Communications
November Artist News
November Marketing Guide
November 4, 2022- Topics: Marketing tidbits…yes, you can double, triple or even quadruple dip! During this Zoom meeting we outline what your role is in marketing and it’s may not be as challenging as you think. Collector+ Gift Kits– Would you like to see what the Collector+ members are going to see when they receive the gifts you’ve included specifically for them? The kits are beautiful and are representing all of you in a unique and thoughtful way. International Shipping– We will be working on updating information available to collectors during shows so they can select the right region for shipping and have an idea of their total costs before they buy.
October Artist Communications
October Artist News- Sample Social Media Messaging 10/22
October Artist News- Collector+ Gifting for Artists’ Top Five Collectors 10/21
October Artist News- Zoom Summary 10/7
October Marketing Guide
October 5, 2022- Topics: Updates to the artist dashboard: affiliate links, Google drive folder containing AB graphics, uploading artist created marketing pieces to your Google drive folder; Marketing guide for October; Overview of creating Pass the Brush video snippets
September Artist Communications
September Artist Newsletter
September 1, 2022- Topics: Artist onboarding process, 100+ pieces of marketing materials, Collector+ memberships, Affiliate links, etc.